Dear SCF Community,
The Spartanburg County Foundation remains committed to improving the lives of Spartanburg County residents by promoting philanthropy, encouraging community engagement, and responding to community needs. We understand this is a difficult and alarming time for Spartanburg, our state, our country, and our world. It is imperative that we do our part as your community foundation and promote the practice of preventative action. We are committed to keeping you informed of our office and programming changes during this developing situation.
2020 Annual Meeting:
To remain in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendation to cancel or postpone any events exceeding 50 people, the 2020 Annual Meeting originally scheduled for Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at the Spartanburg Marriott from 6:00-8:30 p.m. has been cancelled.
The announcement of the 2020 Mary L. Thomas Award for Civic Leadership and Community Change will be postponed to a later date, as will honoring our outgoing Trustee, Terry L. Cash.
In addition to the Annual Meeting, all events scheduled for the next 8 weeks are cancelled or postponed until further notice.
SCF Events Schedule Changes:
Thursday, March 19, 2020
CANCELLED: Spartanburg Interfaith Alliance Reading Group
Location: New Day Baptist Church of Spartanburg
Friday, March 20, 2020
POSTPONED: Opening Retreat – GLDI 2020
Saturday, March 21, 2020
POSTPONED: Session 1 – GLDI 2020
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
CANCELLED: Lenten Worship & Luncheon Series
Location: Glenn Springs Calvary Episcopal Church
Wednesday, April 1, 2020
CANCELLED: Lenten Worship & Luncheon Series
Location: Central United Methodist Church
Thursday, April 16, 2020
POSTPONED: Spartanburg Interfaith Alliance Reading Group
Location: Unitarian Universalist Church of Spartanburg
Saturday, April 18, 2020
POSTPONED: Session 2 – GLDI 2020
Friday, April 24, 2020
POSTPONED: GLAA Tailgating at the Spartanburg Criterium
Wednesday, April 29, 2020 (Special Extended Session 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.)
POSTPONED: Nonprofit Connect: Grant Writing Workshop 101
*All postponed events will have tentative rescheduled dates
SCF Operating Schedule:
The Spartanburg County Foundation staff is also taking the following measures to promote a safe and healthy workplace and do our part to help “flatten the curve.” Because of the rapidly changing environment, we encourage everyone to closely monitor updates and review valuable health and safety resources from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as local health departments.
Details are as follows:
- The SCF staff will remain available to support you during this time. Out of an abundance of caution, our staff will work a rotating schedule, half in the office and half working remotely from home.
- The Foundation will not offer in-person meetings until further notice. We are encouraging all previously scheduled in-person meetings to take place either over the phone or virtually through Skype or Zoom video conferencing. If you have an in-person meeting scheduled with anyone on our staff, that staff person will reach out to you to either set-up a conference call or reschedule for a later date.
- Office hours will currently remain the same; however, no visitors will be allowed inside the office. Please call the Foundation office at 864-582-0138 or email Suzette Parry at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- We will continue to disinfect surfaces and have multiple hand sanitizing stations available in our office.
- Contributions to the Foundation can continue to be mailed to The Spartanburg County Foundation office at 424 East Kennedy Street, Spartanburg S.C. 29302 or made online through spcf.org/give. For all questions regarding gifts or contributions, please email Heather Ailstock at email@example.com.
- All grant requests for fundholders may be made through Fundweb, emailed, or mailed. All questions related to grants or Fundweb, please email Joan Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALL outgoing checks will be mailed. Please refrain from picking up a check at the office until further notice.
The Spartanburg County Disaster Relief Fund:
Many of our neighbors will be greatly impacted by steps taken to reduce the spread of the coronavirus. The Spartanburg County Disaster Relief Fund remains readily available and is focused on supporting the nonprofit organizations working first-hand to slow the path of the virus.
Donations can be made online through The Spartanburg County Foundation website. Checks can be mailed to The Spartanburg County Foundation office at 424 East Kennedy Street, Spartanburg S.C. 29302. Please designate your gift for the Spartanburg County Disaster Relief Fund. All gifts are tax-deductible.
Following guidelines from the state, CDC, and local public health officials, we will provide additional updates and recommendations as necessary in the coming days/weeks ahead via email, spcf.org, and Facebook, including when we might safely resume normal office operations.
As always, we are here to serve you as your community foundation. We wish you and your family continued health and safety.
Our very best,
President and CEO
The Spartanburg County Foundation