For 80 years, The Spartanburg County Foundation has partnered with the community to fulfill its mission to improve the lives of Spartanburg County residents.
The Spartanburg County Foundation considers it a privilege to sponsor community events that support organizations serving Spartanburg County residents. The Foundation also views event sponsorship as a means to leverage its reputational capital to benefit area nonprofits in an effort to draw other potential donors to the nonprofit to support its operations, outreach, and secure additional sponsors for its events. Sponsorships also provide visibility for the Foundation based upon the benefits provided to event sponsors.
The Foundation considers sponsorship requests made at least sixty (60) days prior to the event, and for events hosted by SCF mission-aligned nonprofit organizations.
The Spartanburg County Foundation is committed to improving the lives of Spartanburg County residents by promoting philanthropy, encouraging community engagement, and responding to community needs.
All Spartanburg County residents achieve their human potential through continuous improvement in quality of life, educational achievement, and economic mobility.
BEFORE YOU REQUEST A SPONSORSHIP
- Please make sure the event for which you request sponsorship is being held at least two months from the time you make your request.
- Please make sure your request is for an organization that is a 501(c)(3) organization or a chapter of a 501(c)(3) organization or operating as an SCF component fund.
- If you have questions about our sponsorship process, please contact the SCF Communications Officer, Kim Atchley, by phone 864-582-0138 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be prepared to submit a W-9 form for your organization when submitting your sponsorship request. This streamlines the payment process for approved sponsorships. The address on the W-9 must match the mailing address for the organization receiving an approved sponsorship.
- Please be prepared to upload any digital format of a sponsorship packet your organization has prepared for this event.
- Let us know if your sponsorship request includes a request for a representative of the Foundation to speak or present information/awards, etc. at your event. This is NOT required or factored into the approval process. This allows us to respond fully to your request in a timely manner and in consideration of staff commitments and availability.
- It is our goal that approval or declination of your request will be provided within two weeks of submitting our Sponsorship Request form.
*Charitable efforts operating as a component fund of the Foundation must make sure they have followed the Foundation’s Fundraising Policy.
If Your Sponsorship Request is Approved
- The Foundation will send you, by email, notification that your sponsorship has been approved, and the amount of the approved sponsorship. Organizations whose sponsorship request is approved must send an invoice for the amount of sponsorship specified in the approval notification to the SCF Communications Officer via email or mail to: 424 E. Kennedy Street, Spartanburg, SC 29302.
- Your sponsorship invoice will be processed through the SCF Finance Department. Checks are mailed within two weeks of the receipt of an invoice.
- SCF does not process event sponsorship payments through ACH transfers, online payments, or any third party (ex: Paypal, Venmo, CashApp).
If Your Sponsorship Request is Declined
- The Foundation will send you, by email, notification that your sponsorship request has been declined. While we strive to support as many community events as possible in a given year, please remember that SCF Sponsorship funds are limited.
- You are welcome to apply again for a future event.
To Submit A Sponsorship Request
Complete the form linked to the button below, type bit.ly/SCFSponsor into your web browser, or scan the code to be directed to the request form.