Are you interested in building your resources and skills to be a more effective leader in your community? The Spartanburg County Foundation is currently accepting applications for its 2018 Grassroots Leadership Development Institute.
Each year, approximately 30 individuals are selected to participate in the seven-month leadership development program designed to equip participants with the knowledge, skill-set, and resources to be effective in leading change throughout the greater Spartanburg County community and beyond. Participants meet one Saturday a month, March – August, to increase their ability to make a positive difference on the local, regional, and national levels. Since its inception in 2004, over 300 individuals have graduated from the Institute and currently serve the community in various leadership roles.
Grassroots Leadership Development Institute participants are equipped with a solid skill-set that better enables them to:
- Lead community improvement throughout the city, county, state, and nation
- Increase levels of communication and understanding between grassroots individuals and mainstream leaders
- Effectively organize people for positive outcomes
- Think strategically to create innovative solutions to address community needs
- Serve on non-profit and for-profit boards
- Leverage community assets and resources
CLICK HERE to read why Zaina Greene applied to the Grassroots Leadership Development Institute and graduated in 2017.
In order to be considered for the GLDI Class of 2018, applications must be submitted by Friday, October 13, 2017, 5:00 p.m.
Learn more about the Grassroots Leadership Development Institute.
If you have additional questions, please contact Tara Weese, director of grants and initiatives, at firstname.lastname@example.org.