The foundation of Women Giving for Spartanburg is Collective Giving.
Last Spring we were able to disburse $146,000 into the community, even in the midst of a global pandemic. Our goal for the 2021 Cycle is to exceed that level of giving as funding for non-profits in our community is needed now more than ever! We want to work with the community and their current needs which may make our giving look a little different than what is has in the past.
Because of this, and for years to come, we need to have a better idea of how much funding we will have as we begin our Grant Cycle. Membership Dues have always been due before the end of each calendar year; however, this year we are making a shift toward a more intentional cutoff for the upcoming years’ Grant Cycle. This concept is called Forward Funding and will allow us to have a better idea of what we have to disperse when we start the Grant process after the first of the year.
We encourage you to please help us with Forward Funding by sending your 2021 dues in by December 1 so it can be counted toward the 2021 Grant Cycle.
Your Membership Dues ($1,100 for Members or $550 for Junior Members) can be paid the following ways:
- Online (Thanks in advance for helping us cover our costs by paying a small convenience fee.) https://spcf.org/community-leadership/women-giving/join-us/ PREFERABLE
- Mail a check, made payable to WGFS, to the our post office box, P. O. Box 2646 Spartanburg, SC 29304. Make sure WGFS 2021 dues is in the memo line!
- Use a Spartanburg County Foundation Donor Advised Fund by contacting Elizabeth-Kelly Pope at WomenGiving@spcf.org or calling 864.431.8466.
A few things to remember about your donations and membership:
- Your donation must be postmarked by Dec 31 in order to receive your tax deduction for the current year. Any donations received after December 31,2020 will be applied to the following years Grant Cycle.
- Anytime your Membership is current, you will be allowed to vote. So, if you pay after December 31, 2020, your donation will go into the 2022 cycle, but you will be allowed to vote in 2021. Please try to avoid this confusion by paying dues on time.
- If you paid your 2020 dues earlier this year, we encourage you to consider paying your 2021 dues before the Dec 1 deadline also of this year. We recognize this means some of you may be paying twice in one year but we feel like this is an important step in stabilizing our financial health and forward funding for our Grant Cycle process. If you’d like to ask about a payment option, we are happy to work with you on this.
Thank you for your investment in Spartanburg’s future and I look forward to seeing you soon!
Camille Wolfe, WGFS Chairman